Last revision July 1st, 2020
- Application of this policy
In most cases, the Service is made available to you under a separate agreement between us and our customer (the event host).
- Legally binding agreement
You should not participate in any event or use the Service or our website if you have objections to any of these practices or terms.
- Data security obligations
We utilize systems infrastructure for hosting, security and delivery of our Service and website, such as third party cloud servers, that is consistent with commercially reasonable practices for comparable companies in the United States. Since we don’t control them, we have no responsibility or liability, however, regarding third party software, facilities, servers, systems or other products, equipment or services, even if they are utilized for our provision of our Service or website.
We have implemented technical and administrative safeguards to manage your personally identifying information that are designed to protect against unauthorized access to, or disclosure or use of, your information by our employees and contractors and against reasonably anticipated third party threats to the security of your information.
In coordination with our customer, as applicable, we will report to you any unauthorized access to, or disclosure or use of, your information.
- Data privacy obligations and lawful basis of processing
- Collection of your information
- You provide us with your personal information when you participate in an event or use the Service or our website. When you “register” for an event or create an account with us, you provide us with information about you. At a minimum, this includes your first and last names, email address and a password. This is information that can be uniquely identified with you or provide access to your account. You may also provide us with additional personally identifiable information through your participation in an event or use of the Service or our website, such as information or comments you may provide or make during or after an event or comments you may leave in public areas of our website or your communications with us.
- You permit us to use automatic data collection technologies, such as “cookies”. We keep track the actions you take on our Service or website. Additionally, certain anonymous information may be passively collected (i.e., gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, including browser cookies or small electronic files known as web beacons or tokens (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags or single-pixel gifs). When you access our Service or website from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit. We may use these or similar technologies to make our Service or website easier to use, to make our communications better, or to protect both you and our Service or website. You can remove or block these technologies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use our Service or website.
- Disclosure and use of your information
- We do not share or sell your personally identifying information, except for very specific purposes. These purposes include:
- To provide or administer our Service or website to our customer or to you and other users of our Service or website
- To work with our third-party service providers in connection with our Service or website, such as our providers of cloud servers, content providers, payment processors or mail/e-mail administrators
- To communicate with you
- To market our Service or website
- To offer or provide services jointly with other companies or organizations or to facilitate your use of their services
- To respond to legal requests, including pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law, to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental authorities, or otherwise in accordance with applicable law
- To enforce our Terms of Participation or legal rights we may have
- To facilitate a sale or change of control of our business or our Service or website
- To fulfill your requests or otherwise with your consent
- However, we may disclose or use information that is not personally identifying. So long as this information has been disconnected from your unique personally identifiable information, we may disclose or use it without limitations or restrictions, for any purpose, even after you delete your account. This includes aggregated information about users of our Service or website that may include your information, including for producing market research.
- Certain disclaimers and obligations
- You are responsible for how you use information from our Service or website. This is the case even if information from our Service or website includes errors or is not complete or correct. In addition, information from our Service or website will be provided by or from parties other than us, and we have no responsibility for that information.
- You understand that our Service infrastructure or website may be compromised. While we use commercially reasonable systems to support our Service or website, like any technology, our Service infrastructure or website may fail to function, become inoperative or inaccessible, produce errors, or lose, compromise, corrupt or inaccurately report data.
- You understand that our Service or website may experience a security breach. As above, while we use commercially reasonable systems to secure our Service or website, like any technology, our Service infrastructure or website may experience a security intrusion or data breach.
- Certain rights you have
- You have the right to request that we (i) provide you with access to your personal information, (ii) rectify or correct your personal information, (iii) erase your personal information, or (iv) restrict processing of your personal information, including providing it to any third parties. You also have the right to object to processing, to data portability, and to lodge a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in your country of residence, if any. The foregoing rights may be subject to certain limitations pursuant to applicable law.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Service or website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email or write to us at the address below. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the email subject line or envelope or postcard. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights” and include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (i.e., email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- [Users Outside of the United States. If you are accessing our Service or website from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. All information you receive from our Service or website may be created on servers located in the United States, and all information you provide may be maintained on web servers and systems located within the United States. The data protection laws in the United States and other countries might not be the same as those in your country. By using our Service or website or submitting information to us, you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to the United States and to the facilities and servers we use and to those with whom we may share your information.]
- Access and Correction. If you wish to review or correct any of your personal information that we collect or store, please send an email or write to us at the address below. Your right to access or correct personal information may be subject to certain legal restrictions, including information that references other individuals or confidential commercial information. We may require you to provide additional information in order for us to process your request. Upon verification, we will provide you with access to your personal information within thirty (30) days.
- You may opt out of certain communications. We may communicate electronically and such communications are equivalent to communications in writing and have the same force and effect as if they were in writing and signed by the party sending the communication. You may cancel text message notifications at any time. If you do not want us to use your information to communicate with you, you can opt out by notifying us of your intent to unsubscribe from such communications either by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained the communication or contacting us at the address below.
Address: 1601 Market st FL19. Philadelphia, PA, 19103
- Additional limitations of liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW:
- IN NO EVENT WILL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE THE AMOUNT OF INSURANCE PROCEEDS ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY US BASED ON THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY.
- THESE LIMITATIONS MAY APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
- Additional indemnification
- Severability of terms
- Entire agreement
- Applicable law
Either you or we may demand that any dispute between you and us about or involving our services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association in Philadelphia, PA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent us from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
In the event that the required arbitration provisions above are not enforced for any reason, any legal action or proceeding between us and you related to these Terms of Participation or our Service, Content or website shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Philadelphia, PA, and you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right or claim that this is an inconvenient forum.