Last revision January 2021
- Application of this policy
In most cases, the Service is made available to you under a separate agreement between us and our customer (the event host).
We will provide you with accurate information about your personal data processing in the EU under GDPR Regulations.
- Legally binding agreement
You should not participate in any event or use the Service or our website if you have objections to any of these practices or terms.
- Data security obligations
We utilize systems infrastructure for hosting, security and delivery of our Service and website, such as third party cloud servers, that is consistent with commercially reasonable practices for comparable companies in the United States. Since we don’t control them, we have no responsibility or liability, however, regarding third party software, facilities, servers, systems or other products, equipment or services, even if they are utilized for our provision of our Service or website.
We have implemented technical and administrative safeguards to manage your personally identifying information that are designed to protect against unauthorized access to, or disclosure or use of, your information by our employees and contractors and against reasonably anticipated third party threats to the security of your information.
In coordination with our customer, as applicable, we will report to you any unauthorized access to, or disclosure or use of, your information.
- Data privacy obligations and lawful basis of processing
- Collection of your information
- You provide us with your personal information when you participate in an event or use the Service or our website. When you “register” for an event or create an account with us, you provide us with information about you. At a minimum, this includes your first and last names, email address and a password. This is information that can be uniquely identified with you or provide access to your account. You may also provide us with additional personally identifiable information through your participation in an event or use of the Service or our website, such as information or comments you may provide or make during or after an event or comments you may leave in public areas of our website or your communications with us.
- You permit us to use automatic data collection technologies, such as “cookies”. We keep track the actions you take on our Service or website. Additionally, certain anonymous information may be passively collected (i.e., gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, including browser cookies or small electronic files known as web beacons or tokens (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags or single-pixel gifs). When you access our Service or website from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit. We may use these or similar technologies to make our Service or website easier to use, to make our communications better, or to protect both you and our Service or website. You can remove or block these technologies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use our Service or website.
- You may share your personal data with other users, including through the “networking” feature of our service, and you consent to our collecting this data and sharing it with other users through our networking feature. This data will include, among other things, data that we generate for your networking visit card, such as your name, company, title and LinkedIn profile. However, other users will not be able to see your contact details.
- Disclosure and use of your information
- We do not share or sell your personally identifying information, except for very specific purposes. These purposes include:
- To provide or administer our Service or website to our customer or to you and other users of our Service or website
- To work with our third-party service providers in connection with our Service or website, such as our providers of cloud servers, content providers, payment processors or mail/e-mail administrators
- To communicate with you
- To market our Service or website
- To offer or provide services jointly with other companies or organizations or to facilitate your use of their services
- To respond to legal requests, including pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law, to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental authorities, or otherwise in accordance with applicable law
- To enforce our Terms of Participation or legal rights we may have
- To facilitate a sale or change of control of our business or our Service or website
- To fulfill your requests or otherwise with your consent
- However, we may disclose or use information that is not personally identifying. So long as this information has been disconnected from your unique personally identifiable information, we may disclose or use it without limitations or restrictions, for any purpose, even after you delete your account. This includes aggregated information about users of our Service or website that may include your information, including for producing market research.
- Certain disclaimers and obligations
- You are responsible for how you use information from our Service or website. This is the case even if information from our Service or website includes errors or is not complete or correct. In addition, information from our Service or website will be provided by or from parties other than us, and we have no responsibility for that information.
- You understand that our Service infrastructure or website may be compromised. While we use commercially reasonable systems to support our Service or website, like any technology, our Service infrastructure or website may fail to function, become inoperative or inaccessible, produce errors, or lose, compromise, corrupt or inaccurately report data.
- You understand that our Service or website may experience a security breach.As above, while we use commercially reasonable systems to secure our Service or website, like any technology, our Service infrastructure or website may experience a security intrusion or data breach.
- Certain rights you have
- You have the right to request that we (i) provide you with access to your personal information, (ii) rectify or correct your personal information, (iii) erase your personal information, or (iv) restrict processing of your personal information, including providing it to any third parties. You also have the right to object to processing, to data portability, and to lodge a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in your country of residence, if any. The foregoing rights may be subject to certain limitations pursuant to applicable law.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Service or website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email or write to us at the address below. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the email subject line or envelope or postcard. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights” and include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (i.e., email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- Users outside the United States: 1) The data of the website users will be stored by WordPress who has signed the standard contractual clauses as a guarantee for international data transfers that may occur between the EU and the USA.
If the user requesting information is in the EU, he or she may receive a first communication from the USA, but the data will be derived and managed by our company in Spain and all subsequent data processing will be done in the European Union.
2) For events organized in any country of America, the servers are located in the USA. If the event is held in Europe, the servers are always in Europe (usually in Ireland).
For the rest of the countries of the world we can use servers in the USA, Europe or Asia (Singapore) according to proximity criteria.
Our services in the European Union
Pursuant article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR) we hereby inform you about your personal data processing if you are a EU citizen or belongs to a EU company.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
ZYL TECNOLOGIA CONSULTORIA E INVERSIONES SL is the CONTROLLER of the USER’s personal data
You may also contact to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do process your personal data?
To maintain a commercial relationship with the user. The planned processing operations are:
- Manage your participation in an event.
- Provide any information you require from EVF
- Sending commercial advertising communications by email, fax, SMS, MMS, social networks or by any other electronic or physical means, present or future, that make it possible to carry out commercial communications. These communications will be made by the CONTROLLER and will be related to their products and services, or those of their partners or suppliers with whom they have reached a promotion agreement. In this case, the third parties will never have access to personal data.
- Conduct market research and statistical analysis.
- Processing orders, requests, respond to queries or any type of request made by the USER through any of the contact methods available at the CONTROLLER’s website.
- Send the online newsletter on news, offers and promotions in our activity.
- If you accept to take part of the Networking, your personal data will be process to encourage users networking and make profiles of your interests and will be shared with other users who will be attending to the same event.
Why can we process your personal data?
Because the processing is legitimised by article 6 of the GDPR as follows:
- For the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party
- With the USER’s consent: sending commercial communications and the newsletter. Join the Networking and share the data with other users.
- In the legitimate interest of the CONTROLLER: access from our company in USA for administrative management, conduct market research, statistical analysis, etc. and process orders, requests, etc. at the request of the USER.
For how long will we keep your personal data?
Data shall be stored for no longer than is necessary to maintain the purpose of the processing or for as long as there are legal prescriptions dictating their custody, and when such purpose is no longer necessary the data shall be erased with appropriate security measures to ensure the anonymization of the data or their complete destruction.
¿To whom do we disclose your personal data?
No communication of personal data to third parties is foreseen except, if necessary for the development and execution of the purposes of the processing, to our suppliers of services related to communications, with which the CONTROLLER has signed the confidentiality and data processor contracts required by current privacy regulations.
If you decide to go into the Networking area, your non contact data input at the registration form will be shared with other users in order to make contacts with them and encourage users networking.
For those events and clients organized in the EU, our servers will be in the EU territory.
We may use certain supporting services with providers located outside the EU. In these cases, we have ensured that they comply with the GDPR (e.g. by subscribing to Standard Contract Clauses -SCCs- or similar guarantees).
However, due to the operation of the platform, if you attend an event managed by EASY VIRTUAL FAIR you must register with it and your details will be accessible to the event organizer (who will be responsible for it) and to any exhibitors you decide to visit in this virtual environment. In this case, EASY VIRTUAL FAIR is not the data controller, but rather the data processor, since it provides the event or virtual fair organization service to the organizer, who will act as the data controller. The organizer will have access at all times to the data of the users registered for the event as well as their activity within the fair. We will only process them in the context of the service we provide to our clients.
What are your rights?
The rights of the USER are:
- Right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Right of access, rectification, portability and erasure of your data and the limitation or objection to their processing.
- The right to file a claim with the Spanish Supervisory Authority (www.aepd.es) if you consider that the processing does not comply with the current legislation.
Contact information for exercising rights and contact with our DPO:
ZYL TECNOLOGIA CONSULTORIA E INVERSIONES SL. Calle, Alcalá 85. Planta 6. 28033 Madrid or by email to: email@example.com
Access and Correction. If you wish to review or correct any of your personal information that we collect or store, please send an email or write to us at the address below. Your right to access or correct personal information may be subject to certain legal restrictions, including information that references other individuals or confidential commercial information. We may require you to provide additional information in order for us to process your request. Upon verification, we will provide you with access to your personal information within thirty (30) days.
You may opt out of certain communications. We may communicate electronically and such communications are equivalent to communications in writing and have the same force and effect as if they were in writing and signed by the party sending the communication. You may cancel text message notifications at any time. If you do not want us to use your information to communicate with you, you can opt out by notifying us of your intent to unsubscribe from such communications either by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained the communication or contacting us at the address below.
Address: 1601 Market st FL19. Philadelphia, PA, 19103
- Additional limitations of liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW:
- IN NO EVENT WILL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE THE AMOUNT OF INSURANCE PROCEEDS ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY US BASED ON THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY.
- THESE LIMITATIONS MAY APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
- Additional indemnification
- Severability of terms
- Entire agreement
- Applicable law
Either you or we may demand that any dispute between you and us about or involving our services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association in Philadelphia, PA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent us from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
In the event that the required arbitration provisions above are not enforced for any reason, any legal action or proceeding between us and you related to these Terms of Participation or our Service, Content or website shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Philadelphia, PA, and you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right or claim that this is an inconvenient forum.